- 250g Zucchinis
- 330g Butternut squash
- 325g Color Peppers
- 151g Onion
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice
- 1- 14.5 Oz Can of Diced Tomatoes
If you like you can use 4 medium size tomatoes instead of caned tomatoes.
Check out how to peel the fresh tomatoes under “Start up recipes “
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sweet Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Parsley
Preparation & Cooking Directions
- Cut the vegetables close to similar size as seen on the picture below.
- Chop small the garlic cloves.
- Dissolve tomato paste in 3 Tbsp of water.
- Put all the ingredients, beside the seasoning, in a large size cooking pot.
- Add 10 cups of water and put the pot over large size burner on high heat setting.
- Boil the stew with the pot half way covered for 35 minutes. If you like the vegetables to be more well done you can boil them for another 15 minutes. Add more water if needed.
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking you can add the seasoning.
Yields 12 cups of stew.
Side note: If you like the stew to be thicker you can put 4 cups of stew aside . When is cool and safe to blend put it in the blender and mix well. Then pour again with the rest of the stew.
This stew goes well with cooked Sausage. You can sauté your favorite sausage, as seen on the picture below, or add leftover BBQ sausages and mix them with the stew.