This is a delicious salad that you can use as a side dish with any BBQ meat or if you like you can use it as a main meal since it has protein from the beans . In the same time this salad can be modified quickly to become kid friendly meal. Just put some salad and sliced BBQ meat into a flour tortilla wrap and your kids can enjoy a delicious burrito. Of course you can add to the burrito other toppings that they may enjoy, like cheese.
- 1 can of black beans.
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 cups of cherries tomatoes
- 1/2 medium sweet onion
- Handful of cilantro
- Handful of parsley
- 2 ounces avocado
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Drain the black beans and rinse well in order to take of the excess salt.
- Chop similar size the cucumbers , onion and avocado.
- Cut the tomatoes in small circles.
- Chop parsley & cilantro
- Mix well all the ingredients .
- Add the salt , vinegar & olive oil. Add more seasoning according to your taste.
- Side note to the parents: If this is the first time your children are trying a new vegetables in their food, it helps to cut those vegetables smaller since makes it easier for them to eat something that they are not used to.