This delicious , comforting stew is based on the same ingredients as the previous posts this week . Adding chicken and quinoa makes it more filling. This recipe is another great way in learning on how to make good use of the ingredients that you already have or are familiar with.
- 1/2 large eggplant
- 1/2 large zucchini
- 6 mini colored peppers
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 10 oz boneless , skinless chicken thighs
- 5 Roma tomatoes – not available in above picture
- 1/4 cup quinoa or rice
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1.1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dry parsley
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 6 cups of water
- Cut eggplant and zucchini in similar size cubes.
- Peel the tomatoes skin and cut them in small cubes. To learn how to peel off the tomatoe skin check in the menu : Helpful tips / How to prepare. If you want a shortcut you can use diced tomatoes in a can .
- Cut thinly the peppers and garlic.
- Put oil, peppers and chicken in a large cooking pot.
- Place the pot over a large burner on high heat setting.
- Cover and cook for five minutes, stirring every minute.
- Add the eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes and garlic.
- Cover and cook for another five minutes , stirring every minute .
- Add quinoa and 6 cups of water .
- Cover the pot half way and cook for 30 minuets.
- When 30 minuets are done add the salt , paprika, oregano and parsley.
- Cover the pot completely and let it rest for 15 minutes before you serve .
- Yields 10 cups of stew.