What else you can do with potato salad ingredients ? You can make delicious fried or baked patties that kids and grown ups would love. You can serve them by themselves or with avocado dip.
- 3 medium yellow potatoes
- 35g carrot
- 30g onion
- 3 medium radishes
- 1 cup or 85g frozen string beans
- 1/2 flour
- 1/2 large pickle
- 1 oz avocado
- 1 egg
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
Cooking preparation & directions
- Peel & cut the potatoes in quarters.
- Put them in a medium pot and put enough water to cover them.
- Put the pot in medium burner over high heat.
- Cook the potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Add the string beans and cook for another 5 minutes .
- Rinse them in cold water.
- Shred the potatoes, carrots and 2 of the radishes.
- Chop small the string beans.
- Wet mixture: Put in a blender, avocado, onion, 1 radish,vinegar, mustard, salt , pickle and egg.
Blend well until is creamy as in the above picture.
- Mix the wet mixture with the potatoes and the rest of the vegetables. Add the flour and make a mixture as seen in the picture below.
In this moment you can divide the mixture and use it half for the fried patties and half for the baked round patties. I used 20g of mixture for one fried patty and 10g for one round patty. Whatever you chose to make , you have to start in the same way ; by placing the mixture in your hands and making them in little balls, as seen on the above picture.
- Put 3 Tbsp of cooking oil in a medium pan .
Place the pan on medium burner over high heat.
- Place one ball in your hand and flatten it with both hands in order to make the flat patties.
- Cook on both side until nice brown color or the desired crispness.
Put the fried patties over paper towel to take off excess oil.
Baked round patties
- Spray with oil the surface of a baking pan .
- Put the desired amount of round patties in the pan . Spray them over with oil.
- Place them in a 550 preheated oven on a medium rack .
- Bake for 6-7 minutes and turn them on the other side .
- Bake on the other side for another 6 minutes.
- Side note: Avocado dip is done in the same way as the wet mixture except that you DON’T put the egg .