Stew is another way that you can make good use of the same ingredients that you have for stuffed peppers.
- 12 mini colored peppers
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1 can – 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 cup white rice
- 12 ounces ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp dry parsley
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 cups water
Direction & preparation
- Cut onion and peppers close to similar size.
- In a covered large pot, sauté onion and peppers in oil for 5 minuets.
- Add ground turkey and continue to mix for another 5 minuets until is no more big lumps of meat.
- Add diced tomatoes and rice . Mix well. Add 8 cups of water .
- Cover the pot half way and cook in high heat for 30 minuets. Turn off the heat.
- Add parsley & oregano and more salt if needed. Let it rest for 10 more minuets.