Nothing is more comforting and satisfying in cold days then a hearty chili. As for me I can eat this chili any day of the year since is delicious and healthy too.
1 cup of diced colored peppers
1 cup diced onion
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 diced celery
2 cans (15.5 oz each) black beans
* rinse the beans well to take of excess salt
1 can ( 15.5 oz) garbanzo beans
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
1/2 cup frozen corn
2 Tbsp oil
14 oz ground turkey
1 Tbsp smoked paprika
1 Tbsp sweet paprika
1 tsp salt
5 cups of water
- Put a large pot on medium high heat over a large burner.
- Add oil, onions, celery, peppers and carrots.
- Sauté the ingredients for 7 minutes.
- Add ground turkey, sweet and smoked paprika. Mix well . Continue to cook for another 3 minuets.
- Add the tomatoes and mix well. If you like you can put the diced tomatoes in a blender in order to don’t have them in chunks.
- Add beans, corn and water. Mix well and boil the chili half covered for 35-40 minuets.
Serving suggestions : Just before you eat the chili you can add hot sauce or salsa, shredded cabbage, sour cream and shredded cheese. You can use a spoon to eat the chili or scoop it with toasted flour tortilla cut into wedges.