- 14 oz chicken cut in pieces
- 1 cup butternut squash
- 1/2 cup small carrots
- 1/2 cup small celery
- 1 cup mini colored peppers
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 can of diced tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or regular cooking oil
- 2 large thinly sliced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp tumeric powder
- Cut small and in similar size celery, peppers, carrots, butternut squash.
Blend the tomatoes until is no chunks.
Place a large pan over a large burner on high heat setting. Place 2 Tbsp of oil in the large pan.
- Add all the ingredients except tomatoes, chicken & coconut milk.
Sauté them all together for 10 minuets .Cover the pan between sautéing.
- After 10 minuets add chicken and continue to sauté for another 5 minuets.
Add tomatoes ,coconut milk, curry ,turmeric, salt and sugar. Lower the heat to medium low and cook covered for another 8-10 minuets.
Side note: In order to make this recipe kid friendly I chopped the ingredients small as seen in below picture. I also did not use to much curry .